This is a carbine / Rifle Training class in Fowler, Indiana. Carbine Vitals (day 1) is designed to present students of various experience levels with the essential skills and knowledge required to take them to a high level of proficiency in fighting with a carbine. Balancing speed and accuracy with respect to tactics and weapons manipulation, Carbine Vitals I is a fast paced mentally and physically demanding course.
- Life safety
- Optimizing support gear
- Weapons handling
- Sling employment and uses
- Maximizing sights and optics
- Prone position
- Standing position
- Presentation from ready position
- Reloading and problem solving stoppages
- Critical communication
- Dominant positions and explosive movement
- Forward, backward, and lateral movement
- Final event incorporating all skills learned in the course.
- 500 – 700 Rounds of rifle/carbine ammunition
- 150 – 200 Rounds of handgun ammunition
- Reliable Rifle or carbine and handgun in a defensive caliber or whatever you’ve got.
- Outside or inside the waistband quality non-collapsing holster
- 4 magazines or more/ at least 3 for handguns
- Pants pockets for mags (or pouches)
- Sling – One, two, or three-point
- Dress how you would likely dress for carbine employment.
- Ear Protection (electronic preferred)/ Eye Protection
- Recommended: Gloves
- Firearm lubricant