Civilian Medical 1
This class is for civilian students that understand the world is a dangerous place. Medical skills are imperative to round out an individual skill set. Whether reacting to a household accident, the aftermath of an active killer incident, bombing or other traumatic incident we will ensure that you are prepared to react. This is not a basic first aid class and only covers traumatic injuries and treatments.
*This class is not for those with weak stomachs.
Disturbing videos and imagery are used.
Civilian Medical 1 discusses
- Situational treatment strategies and phases of care.
- Medical protocols
- How to assess and treat symptoms common in traumatic injuries, such as:
- Massive hemorrhaging
- Head Injury / Hypothermia
- Proper application of tourniquets.
- Wound packing Discussion and recommendations for trauma kits
*No invasive interventions are taught in this class, such as:
- Needle thoracostomy
- Cricothyroidotomy Etc.
The class consists of lecture, practical exercises and scenario train where students will put their skills into mock practice on fellow classmates and instructors.
Minimum age of 18 years old. This is a medical class and there will be touching during treatment practical exercises and scenarios. Please keep this in mind. Due to the travel and material costs, no refunds allowed.
Handgun Vitals is designed to present students of all experience levels, the skills and knowledge necessary to take them to a high level of proficiency with a defensive handgun. The shooter will learn to deliver precision at a fast pace while increasing his or her ability to problem solve a defensive use of force situation.
- Life safety as it relates to defensive use of force
- Grip and standing position
- Hard sight focus
- Hard target focus
- Ready positions for a spherical environment
- Post engagement scan, actions and communication
- Gaining rapid precision
- Drawing from concealment (or OWB)
- Engagement technique
- Speed reload
- Clearing stoppages common to defensive handguns
- Gaining the advantage
- Movement to dominant positions
- Good guy evidence, such as CCH permit, purchase permit, LE credentials etc.
- A handgun chambered for a common defense caliber (.22 is acceptable, but not recommended)
- A quality (non-collapsing) holster
- At least 3 magazines or 4 speed loaders/strips for revolver shooters
- 300-500 rounds
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Baseball style cap